Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Pics!

Okay, so now that Christmas is over I can post pics of things that were Christmas presents :)

I made my brother a stuffed Taz. Let me tell you, he was a PAIN IN THE BUTT to make! But he turned out AWESOME! The pattern came out of a booklet called "Looney Tunes Bugs & Pals To Crochet." If I ever feel ambitious I might make the other three, lol (it has Bugs, Tweety, & Sylvester in it, too).



Remember how I made Lynnea that Spongebob halter top? (If you didn't see it, you should go back to the post here.) Well, I made her a stuffed Patrick to go with! It came from a set of guidelines that I saved to my computer and can no longer find on the internet; I'm pretty sure I found it at Crochetville, but I've tried searching and cannot find it. If anyone knows the link, let me know so I can share. Mine is smaller than the one that person made. He was pretty easy to make!



I also made a bag for Lynnea's mom, Bianca (my husband's cousin). I used the Honeycomb Crochet Purse pattern, and you'd THINK that since it's off of Joann.com that it would be a good pattern, right? WRONG! It is SO confusing, and the pattern omits things that should be repeated, so I had to do a lot of frogging and figuring out of myself... It turned out neat, but GEEZ... You have been forewarned if you try it! I skipped the top button/loop thing. The texture makes it really neat, tho, and it's really thick!



I also made some red & white dishcloths & a strawberry potholder for my grandmother; she says the dishcloths are too nice to use, tho, lol. I don't have pics of those to show, sorry! And I've already shown pics of the heart motif doily coasters I made for my mom, but I'll post that pic again cuz it's been a little while:



I also made a green hat for Scott, Bianca's husband, using this pattern.

I've decided that I'm gonna stick to stuff for me for a little while. I still have to finish my afghan, and I'm still in-progress on a couple of tops I started making. I might not do much for a bit, tho, just because I'm a bit burnt out after all of the rush to get Christmas stuff done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good...and the Taz is just awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the purse! I was thinking about making one as well but if the pattern is that confusing now I don't know :\ i love the doilies too :D

Anonymous said...

I was just pouring through your Stuffie Archive and saw your request for more patterns for them... :) Lionbrand.com has a really great knit Alligator pattern listed in their free patterns... Adorable! :)

You've got a great collection and do wonderful work. I just LOVE the green fish you made for your dad, one of your own patterns? If so, you wouldn't happen to be thinking of sharing...? ;)
THX for letting me look!

Oslofia said...

Great gifts...I especially liked Taz :)

If I start making xmas gifts now...I might even end up finishing some off before December :)

Anonymous said...

I have been trying that same honeycomb bag pattern and am having a tough time my self....is there anything you can tell me that will help me ...I love the bag, but you are right when you say confusing...I am totally confused and I am usually pretty good at reading a pattern

my e-mail is pdq427@earthlink.net