Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Charity Items

I've been making some things for preemies; there's a woman collecting knit & crochet blankets, hats, & booties for preemies for the March of Dimes - they're for care packages they give to the mothers. Here are a few things I've made so far:

One blankets, some hats, and a couple pairs of booties.



Close-up of one of the hats and the white booties.



I thought that hat pattern was just adorable when I found it online! The first pair of booties I made (the pink ones) I think are too big for preemies; I had to change yarn and hook size to make them small enough. I'm going to be making more; I've started a second blanket (it's granny-square style this time). It's a great use for the massive amount of yarn I have sitting around that I don't know what to do with.

Patterns I Used:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I just use the one blog now. the cafe de blogger one. I update that one pretty regularly; the other one I kinda forgot what name I had it under, I hadn't used it in a while. Anyway, it was good to hear from you. Oh, E-mail, right, I have just transfered schools and I haven't yet gotten the email address for it. I will soon though and when I do I will let you know what it is. Since we have last talked I have changed majors. I was culinary arts...um.. yea... I am now an Elementary Ed. major @ IUN. :) Anyway, I will fill you in when I can. I'll post a message on your blog. Now, it is time to watch "Scrubs," and sleep...Sleep is good. *_*
Have a good week.
PS. Your products look good :)

Anonymous said...

oh, and I posted a short story on my blog; can you read it and tell me what you think. Honestly...and critically... just not too critically... lol ok.. now, "Scrubs."

Kelly said...

Everything is great. That is my favorite bootie pattern. Its the only one I use.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

i like the hat, everything when it's small is cute:)

Tabs Crochet World said...

Very cute baby Items!

Tabs Crochet World said...

I would be happy to send you the pattern for the red and white shoes send me your email mail to tabby5341@yahoo.com

BloggyMom said...

Super cute booties-- so tiny. The detail on the hat is beautiful.